Shopping for the holidays can be very overwhelming. Sometimes I wish I were back in elementary school when a handmade coffee mug for Mom and a drawing for Dad did just the trick.
Like most of us, I usually wait until Black Friday to do most of my shopping! However, I do make an effort to at least browse a few weeks before. I also have a major issue with wanting to tell everyone what I got them as soon as I click “add to cart”, so it’s best for all if I hold off! I know we could all use some early holiday inspo, so I put together some of my top gift suggestions for everyone on your list (even the naughty little ones!). I hope this makes your shopping just a little bit less stressful. Less shopping means more time for cookies and partying!
Ah, a baby’s first Christmas is a special time and even though they wont remember it, you will treasure the memories for the rest of your life. Picking out a few special gifts ( and giving Grandparents the opportunity to spoil your babe with the rest) is just one of the wonderful traditions of Christmas. This gift guide included a few gifts my girls have received, suggestions I have given to other Moms, and a few other ideas I think would be extra special for your little ones first holiday.
- Rocking horse: My girls still love their rocking horse that they got as gifts from Gigi and Nonno last year. Definitely a hit in my house!
- Dock- A – Tot : We never used the dock-a-tot as it was just coming out when we had my youngest, but if we ever have another baby we will be buying this! I heard its works miracles!
- Tee – Pee from Tiny Land – We have this tent in the black and white stripe version and it gets used daily. The girls love the little window and its a great price!
- Busy Baby Activity Chair – This chair has plenty to keep your little one busy, including a mirror, rattle, squeaky toy and more. Best of all, it’s made from soft but sturdy foam, so it’s safe as can be for even the busiest of babies.
- If I were a Moose – I mean could this book be any cuter?
- Baby Blanket – My little one has this blanket in pink and she has been sleeping with it since the day she was born. It is the softest baby blanket I have come across and she loves the silk trim.
- Baby headband – If you have a baby girl these headbands are a must! They are the only headbands that I have found that don’t leave marks on their little precious head.
- Buffalo Check Pajamas – Can they make these in my size? Oh wait.. they do!
- Freshly Picked Moccasins – The cutest little shoes ever for little boys or girls.
- Sola the Goat – How cute is this?! I love this toy for so many reasons. This toy is completely non-toxic. Unlike other teething toys, it is completely free of BPA, PVC, and phthalates. It’s made of 100% pure natural rubber. (And it squeaks, which baby loves!)
Of course I can’t help myself when it comes to shopping for my best girlfriends, Mom and Sister included! It’s all about the little luxuries for the special women in my life. You know it’s bad when you start buying one of everything for yourself too! 2 for 1 special anyone?!? Anyways here are my top picks for her:
- Kate Spade Initial Necklace – This is one of my favorite gifts I have recieved from my hubby. I have 2 initial charms, one for each of my girls.
- Buffalo Plaid Vest – You can never have too many vests in my opinion. Buffalo plaid is on trend, yet classic and chic for winter.
- Scarf – Another buffalo plaid item to the list! I am a bit obsessed!
- Messenger bag – This bag by Hearth & Hand with Magnolia for Target is a must have for the on the go girl. It would even make a perfect baby bag.
- Ugg Slippers – These slippers feel like pillows on my feet. Need I say more?
- Baseball Cap – For the days you don’t have time to wash your hair, this cap is the perfect mix of casual yet preppy. I love wearing my cap all year round.
- Lucky boots – These boots are a must have wardrobe staple. You can wear these with jeans, leggings or dresses. Not to mention that they are extremely comfortable.
- Cozy Chic Robe – This is a must for cold & blustery nights. The material is so soft and cozy I’m willing to bet you’ll fall asleep in it.
- Dior Lip Stain – This is my favorite lip stain in my makeup collection. The color choices are limitless and it really lasts through the entire day (and in this case, multiple glasses of wine and dozens of X-mas cookies!)
- Naked 3 Eyeshadow Palette – I am obsessed with all of the Naked Eyeshadow collections, and this one is my favorite. No wonder its a cult classic.
All you ladies know that shopping for your guys is ALWAYS the toughest challenge. Whether you are newly dating, or have been married for years, men are just difficult to buy for! My hubby is always content with what he has and never asks for anything–even when his clothes have holes and he doesn’t have 1 pair of socks that match. I’ve never even had a semblance of a wish list from him…but hey, I’m always up for a challenge!
I hope this guide is helpful for that special guy in your life – even if it is for your brother or Dad.
- Bleu Chanel – One of the most best smelling colognes for your guy. A gift for you too!
- Portable Beverage Mug – A must have for every guy, a stylish mug for coffee on the go.
- UGG Slippers – These slippers are super warm and cozy. Not to mention, they are also stylish.
- A new pair of nice work shoes – For some reason my hubby always wears his shoes down to the soul every year. A new pair of work shoes for him is a must.
- North face E- Tip gloves – These gloves enable you to still use your touch screen on your phone – perfect for the bitter cold winter days.
- Bose Bluetooth Speakers – 360 degrees of surround sound, portable so your guy can take it anywhere.
- Perfect Shave Starter Kit – This was a suggestion from one of my best gal pals, it gives the cleanest shave and also has the best clean fragrance.
- FitBit – For the active guy.
- Belt – Another one of the things my hubby likes to wear before its no longer wearable. We replenish belts like we replenish shoes.
- Ted Baker Jacket – I love this jacket for my guy. It looks like a nice sport coat but also has a second layer with a zipper for extra warmth.
For Little Girls
With two little girls at home, I feel like the subject matter expert when it comes to gift ideas for little girls. My older daughter, Annabel, wants all things pink, glittery, and princess. Isla, my youngest, is really into baby dolls right now and loves putting her baby in the stroller and pushing her around the house. I plan to get them each some things that they need, like pajamas and books, and other things that they want, such as a doll house and dress up clothes. This list includes a little bit of both for all the little precious girls in your life.
- Mermaid Puzzle – My oldest now loves puzzles and this mermaid puzzle is perfect for ages 2 and up. And who doesn’t want to be a mermaid?
- Christmas Book and Pajamas – I love that these pajamas come with a book to match! How cute!
- Mermaid Fin Craft – Can you tell that we have a thing for mermaids? We also love arts and crafts! This make your own mermaid fin is right up our alley!
- Magnetic Dress Up Santa – We have a few of these magnetic sets from Melissa & Doug and my girls both love the. This santa is perfect for the Holidays!
- Play Kitchen – We got our girls a play kitchen last year that we found on craigslist, but this kitchen is a great price and is the cutest kitchen ever! Our girls play with their kitchen daily, it is easily their favorite toy.
- Wellie Wishers American Girl Doll – These wellie wisher dolls are the best size for little girls. A step up above the bitty baby, but not as big as the American Girl Dolls. They are also a great price and you can now buy them on Amazon.
- Wood Toy Cookie Baking Sheet – I am loving this cookie baking set from Hand & Hearth. This will be on our list this year for the girls.
- Wood Easel – Is it just me or do you also feel that every kid needs an easel? My girls love to draw, paint and I can’t wait to give them someplace that they can draw on.. other than the walls!
- Vanity Set – I always find Annabel into my makeup in the morning and this set would be perfect for her to pretend to do her makeup along side Mommy.
- Hearth & Hand Doll House – I have been looking for the perfect doll house for the girls this year and I am so excited to have found this one by Hand & Hearth by Magnolia for Target. Could this be any cuter?
For Little Boys
Its no secret that we have no boys (unless you count my hubby) in our house. So this list was developed with a little help from my BFF’s with boys. These holiday gift picks are not only fun, but most are also educational. Some of these gifts would make great gifts for little girls as well! I may be getting the little wood tool bench for my girls so they can pretend to work like Daddy!
- Door way play truck – This 3-in-1 doorway display cover can transform from a mail truck to an ambulance to a dog grooming shop-on-the-go. Just hang it up and let their imaginations run wild!
- Micro Kickboard Mini2Go Scooter -Get ready to roll with this 3-in-1 scooter. It’s recommended for ages 18 months to 5 years, so it grows with your child.
- Snowman Family kit – Too bad it does not snow here in houston because this snow man kit makes the picture perfect snow man.
- Pie Face Game – if you have not played this game yet, you are in for a real treat. Gather your family around to play this hilarious game, and don’t forget your camera!
- Micro Mini Scooter – In case you don’t need all the options in the scooter above, this is a great option.
- Magformers – Both of my girls are memorized by these, this would make the perfect girl or boy gift!
- Wooden Toy Tool Bench – Who can I buy this for? This wooden toy tool bench is the cutest.
- Feed the Woozle Board Game -A cooperative game made from recycled paper and printed with soy-based inks lets players work together to feed the silly Woozle snacks like chocolate-covered flies and hairy pickles.
- Pizza Snow Tube – Spend the snow days in style, sledding with this amazing snow tube shaped as a Pizza!
Well thats a wrap on my holiday gift guide for 2017. As Christmas approaches, I’ll be adding some stocking stuffer ideas, as these are always a challenge, but can also be so much fun!